Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Funny (maybe) Husband

I don't talk much about my husband. If you were to ask him, he would say I'm the funny one of the family. Well, besides Mateo, who is, let's face it, a class clown. I'm anticipating phone calls from future principles about the stunts and pranks Mateo pulls to get a laugh from his friends at school. But my husband is quite funny at times too. Here are two recent examples of how funny my husband can be. Yes, I can only think of two.

Upon realizing Mateo needs to get an X-ray of his throat because he might have something called a "strider" (not the hot character from Lord of the Rings) having to do with his cleft palate, which they told us was merely a cosmetic problem (enter sarcastic laughter). So I called to make an appointment at our state children's hospital. Sidenote: After calling three times and waiting more than 20 minutes before giving up trying to reach a receptionist, I finally resorted to using the "calling from a physicians office" line, in which someone picked up right away. I did have to pretend I was in a doctor's office though, a downside if you have a problem with lying. I don't. Back to the story. So I talked to the ENT guy on the other line for several minutes to make the appointment. Dave was sitting close by, playing with Mateo. Turns out we have to do a Barium swallow before we get an X-ray, so I had to get all the details, which was frustrating. After hanging up, I look at Dave and say...

ME: Barium Swallow!

Pause

Dave: Like a bird?


Okay, maybe you had to be there. Sorry if I've wasted your time. But the next one is really funny.

I was blog stalking and read about a family that had a very strict schedule of homeschooling, Bible study, no TV or video games, chastity belts, and singing "Kumbaya" every night before bed. Dave and I were having a nice laugh over this idea and simultaneously feeling horrible for their children when Dave said the following....

Those kids will most likely become serial killers...

and as an afterthought added,

or missionaries.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha-

Still nothing? Sorry. I did my best. Dave, you'll just have to get some better punchlines to make it on my blog. Maybe Mateo can help you out with that.

Tomorrow I'll be posting about a special little boy we will be mentoring and doing respite for, who really needs a forever family. Can't be us, I'll explain why. But I've made it my mission to find a family to adopt him. Could it be you?

1 comment:

Heather {naturally crafted mama} said...

ok you'll have to give dave some credit- I laughed out loud at the "like a bird?" :)