Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Very Creepy, Scary Night

So Dave spent the weekend building a fence to make our patio feel a little more private since our house is on a corner lot and pretty much the whole neighborhood can see what we're doing the moment we step out our door, which makes it a bit embarrassing when I let the dog out in a T-shirt and underwear in the middle of the night. Hopefully no one is awake past midnight although I have my doubts about the teenage boys across the street. Anyway, my exhibitionist habits are not really the point here.

We have really bad neighbors. Here is the list of things that characterize them as "bad" in my book. Annoying dogs that terrorize the neighborhood, bark at everybody, and have actually bitten children. They blow their leaves in our yard every year. They plow their driveway gravel into our yard in the winter with the snow. I swear they come in our yard when we're not home because I've seen one of them walking out of our yard as I was coming home one day. They've ransacked our other neighbor's junk pile in their yard I'm pretty sure without their permission. They are always spying on us while we are working outside. They keep calling the zoning board about our shed then denying it when we ask them.

Now that we have that out of the way. Saturday night, Dave left some of the materials for the fence and his table saw in the yard since he would be working the next day on the same project. Well, in the middle of the night, I heard what sounded like the table saw running. I looked out the window and saw that the neighbors were not only using the table saw but also stealing our fence pieces. So I opened the bedroom window and yelled,

"What the f#$@ are you doing?"

He said, "We're taking your fence pieces and there's nothing you can do about it."

"Like hell there is! I'm calling the police!"

Then he whipped out a revolver and said that if we called the police he would shoot us all.

Now, you're really gonna hate me. Because what happened next is...I woke up. Yes, it was all a dream. But it seemed so real and definitely plausible. Creepy, huh?

5 comments:

Crystal P said...

Oooooohhhhhhh. I hate it when that happens with bad dreams. That was a scary one, too.

Anonymous said...

Justice, I swear. You had my heart in my throat.

Anglperfct30 said...

ROFLLL You got me this time!! Jeesh you scared me!!

LeeAnn said...

I seriously stopped breathing for that last paragraph. Jeeeeeez!
I hate dreams like that.

Unknown said...

Okay... that is just wrong to do to your readers. (funny though)