Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Mommy, your skin is showing!"

Now that it's getting warmer outside, mommy is wearing capris, and Mateo has discovered skin. I don't know why he hasn't noticed it before. It's not like we don't have skin on our hands and face. But for some reason, our bare feet and legs have become very fascinating to him. In fact, he stalked a barefoot woman around the classroom at gymboree trying to touch her feet. It was kind of embarrassing. I mean, what do I say to that?

"Sorry, my son has a foot fetish"? "Nice feet you got there"? "He's studying to be an podiatrist"?

At home, dare I wear shorts around the house, Mateo gets very excited and chases me around trying to squeeze, kiss, or smush his face into my legs. And he pets my feet and tries to sniff my husband's, which can be dangerous. Does anyone else think this is weird?