Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just So You Know....

Talking badly about a people group (race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, country of origin, etc.) whether you are in front of them or not is not okay. Making stereotypical statements about a people group is also not okay. Saying negative things about a people group in front of the parents of a child in that people group is definitely not okay. And then exclaiming the child is "not really" a part of that people group is just plain idiotic. Just so you know.

2 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

Ugh... So annoying and insulting. People are so ignorant. (As I mentioned on my blog, too!!)

janiece said...

Do I even want to know?
Its just silly--people are people. I've recently started having to address this issue with Julia. She's noticing different skin colors and she informed me she didn't "like black people". WHAT??? Well once we got down to the grit of the subject, one of the African American boys had been mean to her and that was the basis of her whole statement. Kids!!! We had a very good discussion about everyone has a difference--color of skin, eyes, hair (mine is curly and hers is super straight) and how special it is--otherwise it would be boring!
Well--I guess we'll see how well I did and if it sunk in! Only time will tell.