Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Twilight

Ha! Got you to read this didn't I? Okay, I'm not really writing about Twilight. I think I covered my obsession thoroughly in this post. But have you read her other book? The Host. I finished it a couple weeks ago and loved it! It's kind of like X-files meets Sybil meets Love Actually. I didn't know if anything Stephanie Meyers wrote would live up to Twilight, but it was different enough that I could like it too. And actually, I think it would make a great movie, which is good cause they are making into one. So...if you love Stephanie Meyers, and want a quick fun read, check out The Host.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a fantastic book--but to say it's a mix of Love Actually in it--really? Were you just stuck on how to get the romantic stuff in there? Actually, I don't think I can come up with a romantic story that would fit, but that's because I think it is a x-files meets sybil and what romance movie would mingle with those?

J-momma said...

i thought because of the multiple characters and triangles and such. but yes, i couldn't think of another romantic movie to fit. so...i guess just enter your own.

Irrational Dad said...

I drive around 4 to 6 hours a day, making me a big fan of audiobooks. I have the Host, but haven't listened yet because I have a big collection of Stephen King books that I'm working through. Maybe I'll move this one up after I finish Night Shift.

Anonymous said...

Haven't read it - maybe I will!