Friday, September 18, 2009

All Husbands Should Go to Motivational Workshops

Dave went to a Motivational Conference for work this week. That evening, this is what transpired.

Dave: Honey, I just want to say thank you for all you do for me and the kids. I appreciate it and I don't know what I'd do without you.

Me: Ooookaaaay....

Later...

Dave: You are so smart and beautiful.

Me: Do you want something? Or do you have some bad news to tell me?

Dave: No, I'm just recharging you.

Me: Oh. Do you need to be recharged?

Dave: No. Seeing Mateo run to me when I got home was recharging enough.

Me: You're freaking me out. What's going on? Did you get all this from your motivational conference?

Dave: Yeah, I guess I did.

Me: Well, if that's the case, I'm sending you to one every week.

2 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

I think this is an exceptional idea. In fact, this might be the best idea I've ever read on your blog. It would only be better if this also meant an increase in the amount of housecleaning the husband would complete.

All that aside, that is really sweet!!

Adopting1Soon said...

Awww... that is both hilarious and totally sweet. Take.Full. Advantage. While you can. It'll fade soon enough, I'm sure.